Some of the frequently asked questions
The printer is facing troubles in feeding paper from the tray
Check the paper guides in the related tray. If the guides are not aligned properly, the paper will not sit properly in the tray and hence paper misfeed is likely.
If all the guides are aligned properly then clean the roller and pick-up pad. The pick-up pad is usually at the frontage of the tray in the middle. It is a grey rubber installed on a spring loaded bracket.
How to solve the paper jamming problem?
Proper paper handling is the solution to make sure trouble-free printing. You can enhance paper feeding and stop jams in your printers, by following steps:
• At the time of loading paper, buff the stack of paper before placing it in the tray; it will shake out any dust
• Use the paper that is specifically specified for the printer
• Clean the rubber rollers regularly using a soft cloth, which is within the region that holds the paper tray
How to load the paper in the printer?
Follow the instructions given below to load paper into the paper tray:
• Place the paper tray on a plane surface
• Compress the locking method on the rear length guide, then lift it up and then slide it back of the tray
• If the paper you are taking into use is longer than A4, then press the button given on the bottom of your paper tray to free the back of the tray and drag the tray out
• Compress the right-side width guide, then lift it up and glide the guides to the edges of the tray
• Check that the paper tray plate has gone down into the bottom of the paper tray
• Align the sides of the paper and then put the paper in the middle of the tray with the printing side down
• Thrust the paper tray totally into the printer and check that the tray is correctly seated
What to do when the printer is not printing properly?
If you experience any kind of printing quality issue, for instance, poor print, streaking, smudging or missing prints, then the foremost thing you should do is to clean the LED heads. These LED heads are situated at the top cover of the printer, clean all the 4 LED black glass strips employing an alcohol wipe and soft tissue or a soft cloth.
How to resolve paper size error?
Verify the dimension and orientation of the loaded paper in the tray signified by the error. Drag the cassette out from the tray and validate the dimensions and direction of the paper within the cassette. If the paper dimension or direction given on the size dial is varying from that of the paper within the cassette, pursue the process beneath to modify the paper:
• Fix the paper guide and the paper stopper to the paper dimension and direction
• Dust the paper well, level align the sides of the paper, and then load the paper
• Arrange the paper in place through the paper guide and the paper stopper
• Put in the paper cassette again properly into the tray
• Drag the lever and then again open and close the facade cover and attempt printing again
Disclaimer : HP Customer Support is an independent service provider. You are not affiliated with any third party trademarks and none of the products or services are provided. Call now to have instant access to technology professionals. The service we offer is also available free of charge with brand owners.